SUPER-LIG is a North Dakota, USA lignite that naturally contains a high content of humic acid. It is an excellent, economical viscosity and filtration control agent for use in all water based mud systems, SUPER-LIG serves to stabilize oil-in-water emulsions and reduces viscosity in high temperature drilling operations. SUPER-LIG is partially soluble, heat stable above 400°F (204.4°C) and an effective thinning agent in both high and low pH mud systems. SUPER-LIG works best in an alkaline environment and functions best at a mud pH of 9.0 or above.
- Excellent control of fluid loss with extended temperature limits
- Maintains high filtrate resistivity values in low pH muds
- Works best at pH above 9.0
- Meets or exceeds all applicable petroleum industry standards for lignite product quality
- Tolerant of other mud additives in moderate quantities